Friday, April 10, 2009

I lied

I didn't get a chance to update my blog earlier, so I shall do it now, talking about what I have done for the past week!

Friday, we went to go see Obama speak. I woke up at my normal time of six in the morning, and we arrived at our schools meeting point, the cinema, before anyone else! So we had to wait a bit, but when everyone else did show up...there was even more waiting! We formed a line and had to walk into the theatre and show some people our passports and invitations. I was thinking "yea, Obama time now!", but before that, we had to get on a bus and wait some more...until it arrived at the sports arena where Obama was speaking! I was excited...until i realized that we had to wait in the ice rink across the street for about an hour and a half...not fun. But when everyone was allowed to leave, we had to wait in a HUGE line to go through security, which surprisingly wasn't as tight as airport security. After our quick and not very thorough check, we went inside the stadium and took some seats while it started to fill up. We waited for about an hour...not kidding. I fell asleep while waiting lol. The whole crowd was getting tired of waiting, but the tension built up more when one person screamed and stood up with their camera ready. This made everyone, including me, think that Obama just walked in, so everyone stood up with their cameras ready! It wasn't Obama though, it was just some dude in a suit. It wasn't until another 10 minutes that the announcement came on saying that Obama and his wife walked in. His speech was very good, but I am sure you have all seen it on the news, so I won't go into details. After his speech, Guillaume and I headed home, where I got out of my dress clothes and into some PJ's. I started to try to fix his computer, and as soon as I was underneath his desk, two of his friends walk in...aaaawwwwwkkkwwwaaarrrddd. But it was cool, they sat around and all played guitars and the piano. But that was a long day.

Saturday was mostly chill, I spent most of it trying to fix Guillaume's PC. We thought it was a monitor problem, but it has something else wrong with it that I have no reason to explain, but the bottom line is I can't fix it lol. But that's not all we did. His brother had tennis that afternoon, so after lunch, Guillaume and I took him to the school for tennis. One of the teachers opened the basketball court indoors for us, and we played some BBall with one of his friends. Later that night, there was a big astronomy event going on at the top of a mountain (it was Galileo's 400th birthday), so we all headed up there. It was very cool, there were a bunch of people that had their telescopes set up and let people look at! A lot of them looked like they were stolen from NASA, they were really nice, much better than mine. But there was one problem...IT WAS TOO CLOUDY! After we had been there for about 20 minutes, it just got too cloudy to see anything, so we went back home.

Sunday was a quick day. After our lunch, all of us, except Guillaume since he had a lot of homework, headed into Germany to go walk around some of the mountains and vineyards. We walked for about 4 hours, so it was a good walk. I went to bed early that day, cause I had to wake up extra early...

Monday, I woke at 4 in the morning and got ready to leave at 5. Guillaume's Dad took me to the train station, and we were there before anyone else...for at least 15 minutes. But after Ms. Peoples came in, he left. When everyone was there, we got on our train, which was heading to a small little town that no one knows about. I think it's called...PARIS!! Yea, we went to Paris. It was pretty sweet, as soon as we arrived in the train station, I saw some armed soldiers. I thought we were being let loose in Paris, but nope, we were on a bus tour...but I still got a lot of pictures. We visited 3 places on foot, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre Museum. I took lots of pictures, so I will show those and talk about them when I get back.

Tuesday was bowling and Parliament day. We went bowling with all the French kids first. It was pretty fun, but I had a pretty off game that day lol. After our bowling, we went to the European Parliament. Our guide wasn't the best English speaker, he kept repeating everything he said. But it was still pretty cool.

Wednesday was EUROPARK day! It was really cool, and I had a lot of fun! There were a bunch of huge rides, and we waited for one fore about an hour and a half, but it was worth it. The park is split into different areas, with each area being a different country in Europe, and the areas theme was relevant to the country. France and Germany were the largest areas of course, but there were lots of things to go to in all of the areas, but we didn't even get to go to them all sadly. I didn't take any pictures, as I was too busy having fun.

Yesterday started off bad, but ended good. I knew we were going to some kind of pottery thing first thing in the morning, but I thought we were making pottery, which would of been fun. Instead, we watched people make pottery, which was borning. But there were about 90 pottery shops in the small town, since it's by the river and has lots of clay. After our pottery look, we went to Germany where we went to a Roman styled bath! It was soooooooooooooo relaxing. There were lots of different pools, each with a different temperature and jets in them. Plus, there was an aroma therapy room which was...just awesome. The only con to it was that there were wwwwaaaaaayyyyy too many naked people lol. After our bath, we went back to the school where there was a dance. At first I thought, "oh boy, a school dance, how stupid". I was really wrong. It was basically a techno rave, strobe lights and all (no dropping acid though). It was sweet. Everyone was dancing like crazy, and just looking like a bunch of fools, but it was honestly the most fun I have had so far on the trip. I was sad whe we had to go at 10. But when I got home, I took a shower and feel asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

Now today, it seems like it will be a mostly chill day, seeing as it's Good Friday and eveything is closed. But we will find somethng to do, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment